Segway Experience, Maui Hawaii
- Receive expert instruction & training on how to operate a Segway PT with maximum confidence. It’s Fun and You can do it!
- Select your favorite pictures and let us frame them for you or have them on CD or USB.
If you’ve never tried a Segway Personal transporter and are not sure if you want to go on a tour, “Segway Experience” is the one for you. In this 30 minute orientation we will train you on how to ride a Segway PT in our training facility and you will have the experience even without going on a tour! There is nothing like a Segway PT – guaranteed! This demonstration includes personal orientation and the basics on how to ride a Segway PT, the “Bike of the Future”. Staff will assist you with becoming familiar with the a Segway PT until you are comfortable enough to ride. Your safety and enjoyment is a #1 priority. The orientation offer a more personalized experience with 6 riders maximum per training; if you have more in your group, however, we can accommodate you by arranging two training times.
This Segway PT experience 30 minutes intro is appropriate for virtually anyone 10 and older that weighs from 85 to 280 lbs. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride. Unfortunately, pregnant women will not be permitted to participate.
- 10yrs-16yrs – need to be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian during tour
- 16yrs–18yrs – can go alone but a parent or a legal guardian needs to sign the waiver.
- 18yrs and up need to sign waivers by themselves.
Facts and Requirements
- Check in time: From 9:30 am – flexible, based on availability
- Check-in point: 991 Limahana place, Lahaina Hi 96761
- Included: Helmets, Segway PT
- Recommended to bring: Closed shoes, sun screen, sun glasses. Bottled water available at the office for a purchase.
- Age Restrictions – IF UNDER 18: 16 years and younger, but minimum 10 years old, must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperon on a tour. (Chaperon form is required.) Guests between 16 and 17 years old must have a parent or guardian present at check-in and sign waiver to participate.
- Weight Restrictions: Weight restrictions are between 75 lbs and 260 lbs for Segway Tours. Weight limits are strictly enforced, and each guest might be weighed at check in.
- Health & Physical Requirements: All guests must be capable of moderate to advanced physical activity, must be able to step on and off the Segway PT without assistance which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without the support of a handrail or other walking aid. • Guests must not have neck, back, shoulder, knee, ankle injuries, heart conditions, or recent surgeries. • No pregnant women will be allowed to ride a Segway PT. Persons under drug or alcohol influences will not be allowed to ride a Segway PT. • Guests must be physically and mentally capable of following instructions given by a Segway guide.
Cancellation Policy: If the tour is cancelled by the tour operator, the full ticket price will be refunded. Cancellations prior to 48 hours are charged a minimum $10.00 per person administration fee. We charge 100% for No Shows or cancellations within 48 hours. Riders may be responsible for all damage to equipment if such damage is determined to be the result of reckless and irresponsible operation by the guest. Online reservations need to be scheduled at least 72 hours prior to the tour and need to be confirmed by phone (808-661-8284 ) for exact time and date.
In a case you are planning to use Maui Public Bus Transit System
The County of Maui currently funds a public bus system that provides service in and between various Central, South, West, Haiku, and Upcountry Maui communities. All buses are equipped with a bicycle rack. Bus Schedule